This visa is for people who have a successful business or investment career, and have a genuine and realistic commitment to be involved in investing or business in Australia. This visa is also the first step towards being granted a permanent Business Skills visa.
This visa is for investors/business people from overseas who are willing to invest funds in a designated investment in Australia for four (4) years, and are less than 55 years of age.
With this visa you can:
- make a designated investment
- travel in and out of Australia any number of times as long as the visa is valid
- have your family accompany you to Australia. They will have access to work and study rights
- establish a pathway to permanent residence.
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this visa.
You must be less than 55 years old. There are exceptions that can be granted to the age requirement.
You must be sponsored by an appropriate regional authority of a State or Territory Government.
At the time of the decision you made a government approved Designated Investment of at least A$750,000 in a state or territory of Australia.
For at least one of the five fiscal years immediately before you apply:
- you have maintained direct involvement in either managing a qualifying business in which you (or you and your spouse together) had an ownership interest of at least 10% of the total value of the business;
- you maintained direct involvement in managing your (or you and your spouse’s combined (eligible investments, the total value of which was at least A$750,000.
You have a total of at least three years experience of direct involvement in managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments.
You have demonstrated a high level of management skill in relation to an eligible investment or qualifying business activity.
You (or your spouse) have never been involved in unacceptable business or investment activities.
Committed to business in Australia
You have a commitment to develop and maintain an ownership interest in a business in Australia and you must maintain direct and continuous involvement in the management of that business.
The net value of your (or your and your spouse’s combined) assets was at least A$1,125,000 for the two fiscal years immediately before you apply.
You must meet health requirements to enter Australia.
You must be of good character to enter Australia.
Australian Values Statement
If you are aged 18 years or over, you are required to sign an Australian values statement. The statement is included in your visa application form and all applicants aged 18 years and over will need to sign it to confirm that they will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws. Before signing this statement you are required to have read, or had explained to you, material made available by the government on life in Australia.