Article Audio: Learn On The Go!
**Nova Scotia Increases Intake Under New Express Entry Provincial Immigration Stream.**
On March 6, 2014, the Government of Nova Scotia began accepting applications under its new Regional Labour Market Demand stream, which creates the possibility for candidates to be nominated by the province, without a sponsoring employer.
As part of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) the New Regional Labour Market Demand stream is aimed at selecting individuals who meet the labour market needs of particular regions of the province and who intend to settle permanently in Nova Scotia.
Eligibility criteria for the Nova Scotia Regional Labour Market Demand stream include the following:
- Aged between 21 and 55 years old;
- Demonstrate minimum language proficiency of Canadian Language Benchmark level 5;
- Have an intended occupation in Nova Scotia that is classified as Skill Level "0", "A" or "B" of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) AND for which there is a demonstrated demand in the intended region of settlement in Nova Scotia as per the published In-Demand Occupation List. Other occupations may be considered;
- Have a minimum of 2 years of work experience related to their intended occupation within the past 5 years;
- Hold at least a high school diploma and a diploma from a post-secondary institution following a program of one academic year or more;
- Provide a detailed settlement plan;
- Have sufficient funds to support themselves upon arrival in Nova Scotia.
NSNP has indicated that it will nominate 150 applicants under this category during the first year of the program. Eligible candidates are accordingly encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity.
This new program, announced only days before opening is in line with recent trends in the Canadian immigration industry whereby applicants who have prepared their documentation in advance are best positioned to apply for Canadian permanent residence under limited skilled worker programs without employer sponsorship.
Find out whether you qualify under the NSNP or other programs in Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation for Skilled Workers or other categories. We will provide you with your evaluation results within two (2) business days.
Individuals with formal post-secondary education or training and a minimum of two years of work experience in the past five years related to one of the below In Demand Occupations may qualify to apply under the NSNP Regional Labour Market Demand stream without a sponsoring employer:
- 0311 Managers in Health Care
- 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers
- 1111 Financial Auditors and Accountants
- 1114 Other Financial Officers Good
- 2131 Civil Engineers
- 2132 Mechanical Engineers
- 2133 Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- 2147 Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
- 2171 Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- 2172 Database Analysts and Data Administrators
- 2173 Software Engineers and Designers
- 2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- 2232 Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- 2241 Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- 2283 Information systems testing technicians
- 3111 Specialist Physicians
- 3112 General Practitioners and Family Physicians
- 3113 Dentists
- 3131 Pharmacists
- 3141 Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
- 3142 Physiotherapists
- 3143 Occupational Therapists
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 3211 Medical Laboratory Technologists
- 3214 Respiratory Therapists, Clinical Perfusionists and Cardiopulmonary Technologists
- 3215 Medical Radiation Technologists
- 3216 Medical Sonographers
- 3233 Licensed Practical Nurses
- 3237 Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
- 4151 Psychologists
- 4214 Early Childhood Educators and Assistants
- 6211 Retail Trade Supervisors
- 6321 Chefs
- 6322 Cooks
- 7201 Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
- 7231 Machinists and Machining and Tooling Inspectors
- 7242 Industrial Electricians
- 7237 Welders and related machine operators
- 7312 Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics
- 7321 Automotive Service Technicians, Truck and Bus Mechanics and Mechanical Repairers
- 7371 Crane Operators
- 9226 Supervisors, Other Mechanical and Metal Products Manufacturing
Readers wishing to receive further information regarding living, visiting, studying, working, investing or settling in Canada are invited to contact Attorney Colin Singer – firstname.lastname@example.org.