The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) nominates candidates wishing to settle in Manitoba to the federal government for Canadian permanent resident status. In addition to the Provincial Nominee Program for Business and the Young Farmer Nominee Program, there are three streams under which candidates can apply. None of the categories have processing fees.
Business / Young Farmers
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Immigration Program for Business
This program recruits and nominates qualified business people from around the world with the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish or purchase a business or become a partner in an existing business. In order to be eligible, candidates must demonstrate:
- A minimum personal net worth of $350 000;
- Three years of business or farm ownership experience (or in a senior management role);
- Intention to invest a minimum of $150,000 into establishing or purchasing 33.3% of a business in Manitoba.
- If approved, candidates must make a $75 000 deposit to the Government of Manitoba which will be refunded when the investment is made and the business/farm is operational.
The processing time for the provincial portion of the application is one to two months, followed by ten to fifteen months for the federal portion.
- Manitoba Young Farmer Immigration Nominee Program
The aim of this program is to recruit and nominate qualified farm business people who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish or purchase a farm, or become partners in an existing farm business. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum personal net worth of $150 000;
- Be younger than forty years old at the time of application;
- Make a minimum investment of $150 000 into establishing or purchasing a farm;
- Have three years of farm ownership/management experience;
- Have marketable skills that would supplement a farm income.
- If approved, candidates are also required to make a $75 000 deposit.
Workers / Family
- Manitoba Employer Direct Immigration Program
The main criteria are:
- Candidate has a long-term, full-time job offer in Manitoba;
- Candidate has been working in Manitoba on a work permit for at least six months;
- Manitoba International Student Immigration Program
Candidates in this category must meet the following criteria:
- Have a long-term, full-time job offer in Manitoba;
- Hold a post-graduate work permit;
- Have completed a post-secondary program of at least eight months in Manitoba;
- Have worked for at least six months for the employer offering them the eligible job.
- Manitoba General Stream
Candidates in this category are evaluated against five (5) factors according to a point system and must score a minimum of 60 points out of a possible 100. They must also points under each individual factor in order to be selected. The factors are:
- Language – Candidates must demonstrate at least basic language proficiency in English or French;
- Age – Candidates must be between the ages of 18 to 49 years old;
- Work experience – Candidates must have a minimum of one (1) year of documented full-time employment within the past 10 years;
- Education – Candidates must have completed at least a one year post-secondary program or have trade certification;
- Adaptability – Candidates must demonstrate some connection to the province of Manitoba, through friends, relatives, education, past employment or contact with the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program.