Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers (1113)
Securities agents and investment dealers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Develop long-term relationships with their clients by preparing investment strategies to help them achieve their financial goals, offering advice and information on various investments to guide them in managing their portfolios,
- Review financial periodicals, stock and bond reports, business publications and other material, and develop a network within the financial industry to gather relevant information and identify potential investments for clients,
- Carry out investment orders by buying and selling stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers or companies such as banks, trust companies and insurance firms,
- Monitor clients’ investment portfolios and ensure that investment transactions are carried out according to industry regulations.
Brokers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers,
- Develop trading strategies by reviewing investment information and monitoring market conditions from the exchange floor and through contact with trading departments of other investment firms, pension fund managers and investment company financial analysts,
- Make bids and offers to buy and sell securities and complete details of sales on exchange trade tickets,
- Prepare reviews of portfolios’ positions.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.