Human resources professionals (1121)
Nature of Work:
Human resources professionals develop, implement and evaluate human resources and labour relations policies, programs and procedures and advise managers and employers on human resources matters. Human resources professionals are employed throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
Human resources professionals perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate human resources and labour relations strategies including policies, programs and procedures to address an organization’s human resource requirements,
- Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of human resources policies, compensation and benefit programs and collective agreements,
- Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers, mediate labour disputes and grievances and provide advice on employee and labour relations,
- Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, salary scales and competency appraisal measures and systems,
- Plan and administer staffing, total compensation, training and career development, employee assistance, employment equity and affirmative action programs,
- Manage programs and maintain human resources information and related records systems,
- Hire and oversee training of staff,
- Co-ordinate employee performance appraisal programs,
- Research employee benefit and health and safety practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.