December 15, 2017 – The Manitoba nominee program issued 254 Invitations to Apply for Manitoba immigration in its latest draw, made on December 13, 2017.
Of those ITAs, 209 went to skilled workers already in Manitoba, with a minimum points score of 375.
A further 45 ITAs for Canada immigration were issued under a Manitoba PNP Strategic Recruitment Initiative (SRI) to skilled workers from overseas, for which a minimum score of 675 was required. An SRI is when a batch of permanent residents are invited to apply to fill a specific labour market need.
This was the 37th overall draw for Manitoba immigration.
The Manitoba Nominee Program’s previous draw, made on November 23, 2017, saw a total of 272 ITAs issued, with 250 of them going to skilled workers in Manitoba. The lowest ranked candidate issued with an invite scored 567 points.
The remaining 22 ITAs went to overseas workers under another SRI. The minimum score was 664 in this category.
Overseas skilled workers from several professions were not included in the latest Manitoba PNP draw.
Those professions were:
- Registered nurses
- Secondary and elementary school teachers
- Vocational and college instructors
- University professors
- General and specialist physicians
The Manitoba immigration draw statement said this could be because of a large backlog of applications, low labour market demand, or significant barriers labour market participation.
If candidates with scores higher than the thresholds stated above did not received ITAs, this could be down to not providing a valid language test number, or an existing language test may no longer be valid.
Otherwise, if you received an ITA as part of an SRI, you may not have provided the invitation number in your expression of interest.
The draw statement urged candidates to make sure their expression of interest files are fully updated with the latest information.
All candidates working in regulated occupations and fully licensed to work in Manitoba have been selected in the latest draw, but the statement warned that if you cannot prove this, your subsequent application will be rejected.
Where this applies, the Manitoba program advises candidates to reject their ITAs.
Skilled Workers with a Connection to Manitoba: Manitoba General Stream
Candidates in this category are evaluated against five (5) factors according to a point system and must score a minimum of 60 points out of a possible 100. In order to apply under this category, a candidate must necessarily demonstrate a substantial connection to the province of Manitoba. They must also have points under each individual factor in order to be selected. The factors are:
- Language – Candidates must demonstrate at least basic language proficiency in English or French;
- Age – Candidates must be between the ages of 18 to 49 years old;
- Work experience – Candidates must have a minimum of one (1) year of documented full-time employment within the past 10 years;
- Education – Candidates must have completed at least a one year post-secondary program or have trade certification;
- Connection to Manitoba – Candidates must demonstrate some connection to the province of Manitoba, through friends, relatives, education, past employment or contact with the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.