Nature of Work:
Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software. They are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
Software engineers and designers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Collect and document users’ requirements and develop logical and physical specifications,
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems,
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs,
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems,
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software,
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.