Nature of Work:
Financial and investment analysts collect and analyze financial information such as economic forecasts, trading volumes and the movement of capital, financial backgrounds of companies, historical performances and future trends of stocks, bonds and other investment instruments to provide financial and investment or financing advice for their company or their company’s clients. Their studies and evaluations cover areas such as takeover bids, private placements, mergers or acquisitions. Financial analysts are employed by a wide range of establishments throughout the private and public sector, such as banks, brokerage houses, insurance companies, investment companies, manufacturing firms, trust companies, utility companies and underwriting firms. Investment analysts are employed primarily by brokerage houses and fund management companies.
Financial analysts perform some or all of the following duties:
- Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations,
- Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance,
- Analyze investment projects,
- Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender,
- Follow up on financing projects with financial backers,
- Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio,
- Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios,
- Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.
Investment analysts perform some or all of the following duties:
- Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications,
- Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information,
- Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates,
- Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.