There are many options available to you after you have completed your study in Canada program.
- Continue your study in Canada experience and pursue advanced degrees
- Return home with a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate and work experience which is highly respected around the world
- Get more work experience in Canada
Work in Canada after Graduation: Qualify for Canadian permanent residence
Gaining more work experience in Canada after graduation can go a long way towards helping you become a Canadian permanent residence. Qualified students on a Canada study visa or Canada study permit can get Canadian permanent residence under many Federal or Provincial immigration programs without leaving Canada.
Post-Graduate Work Program
This program allows international students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience through a special work permit issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of 3 years.
- Studied full time in Canada in a program of at least 8 months duration
- Graduated from a public post-secondary institution, a private post-secondary institution, or a private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees
- Submit an application for a work permit within 90 days after receiving written confirmation of completing a study program
- Received notification of eligibility to obtain a degree, diploma or certificate
- Possess a valid Canada study visa or Canada study permit
Canadian Experience Class
This federal program allows international students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to get Canadian permanent residence without leaving Canada.
- Graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least 1 year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada.
- Possess 12 months of continuous work experience in Canada under a work visa or study visa
- Submit an application while working in Canada – or – within 1 year after leaving Canada
- Possess a valid language assessment (from a recognized third party agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
- Intend to reside outside the province of Quebec
For more information or to apply, please visit the Canadian Experience Class page on the immigration.ca website.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
This program allows international students who graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to receive nomination by a Canadian province or territory Canadian permanent residence without leaving Canada.
- Intend to reside in the nominating province or territory
- Submit an application directly to the province or territory that will assess the provincial nomination program PNP application
- Submit a separate application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for Canadian permanent residence
- Pass a medical examination
- Pass a security and criminal background check
For more information or to apply, please visit the Provincial Nominees page on the immigration.ca website.
Embrace your future and let Immigration.ca become your choice for your study in Canada experience that will last a lifetime!
We provide free study visa services to qualified applicants!
Begin your study in Canada, experience NOW!