The Other Name Documents
Purpose: For confirming the identity and aliases of the applicant, as well as for screening the applicant for concerns of fraud.
- The applicants would need to submit this document only if they indicate that they have used another name in the past e.g. a maiden name etc.
- The applicant would need to provide information and / or documentation on the use of this other name via documents such as:
- A letter of explanation
- Legal documents of a change of name
The Individuals who would need to submit this documentation:
- The principal applicant
- Their spouse or common-law partner
- The dependent children, including non-accompanying dependent children.
Source: Citizenship and Immigration