Last Updated on February 17, 2021
Alberta immigration has conducted a new Express Entry draw, issuing invitations to 200 candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System scores as low as 301.
The new draw took place on February 10 through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program.
Important requirements for the Alberta Express Entry stream are that candidates have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to the province, and are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
For full details of the requirements for Alberta Express Entry, please see below.
Alberta Immigration Reaches Self-Imposed Nomination Limit For 2020
Alberta Immigration Launches Two New Programs Aimed at International Graduate Entrepreneurs
Alberta Immigration Says It Will Not Meet 2020 Federal Nomination Allocation
Alberta Express Entry 2021 Draws
|Draw Date||NOI Letters Sent||CRS Score of Lowest-Ranked Candidate|
Alberta is the only Canadian province to officially announce it is limiting immigration in response to the coronavirus crisis.
As part of the Alberta Economic Recovery Plan, the province limited itself to 4,000 nominations in 2020, below the 6,250 allowed by the federal government.
In the first half of 2020, draws were taking place at regular intervals, but there have now been only three since June 17.
While federal government nomination limits for 2021 are not yet available, the province has 2,600 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 45 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.
High Number of Applications
Alberta says a high number of AINP applications have been received in the following occupations, meaning they may take longer to process:
- 6311 – Food service supervisors
- 6211 – Retail sales supervisors
- 6322 – Cooks
- 7511 – Transport truck drivers
- 1241 – Administrative assistants
- 0621 – Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- 4214 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 1311 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 1221 – Administrative officers
What are the Requirements for Alberta Express Entry?
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest, candidates must:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points.
Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving a notification of interest:
- A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling.
Factors that decrease a candidate’s chances of receiving a notification of interest:
- The Express Entry profile expires within the next 3 months
- You work in an ineligible occupation