Alberta Immigration Express Entry Stream
The Alberta Express Entry Stream allows the province to nominate a limited number of qualified applicants from the federal Express Entry system.
Qualified candidates will be selected directly from the Express Entry pool by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). Candidates must receive a notification of interest before they are able to submit an application.
The stream is aimed at candidates with strong ties to Alberta who help boost the economy and increase diversity. International graduates will also be invited.
What are the requirements for Alberta Express Entry?
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest, candidates must:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points.
Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving a notification of interest:
- A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling.
Factors that decrease a candidate’s chances of receiving a notification of interest:
- The Express Entry profile expires within the next 3 months
- You work in an ineligible occupation
The AINP regularly reviews candidates’ profiles in the federal Express Entry pool and issues Notifications of Interest inviting candidates to apply for nomination.
The details of each draw are typically published approximately one month after the date of draw.History of AINP Draws
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.