Last Updated on February 6, 2020
May 15, 2019 – Alberta immigration has published details of 14 draws it has made through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program Express Entry stream during 2019.
The draws, taking place between January 10 and May 2, show a total of 3,357 Notification of Interest letters have been issued by Alberta immigration this year.
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores for the lowest ranked candidates have ranged between 300 and 400 points.
The number of NOI letters sent peaked at 473 in a draw that took place on March 5. The smallest draw saw 81 candidate receive letters on January 25.
Alberta Express Entry 2019 Notification of Interest Draw
|Draw Date||NOI Letters Sent||CRS Score of Lowest-Ranked Candidate|
It is understood the draw details were withheld by Alberta due to restrictions on what can be published during an election campaign.
An Alberta general election was held on April 16, 2019, during which former federal immigration minister Jason Kenney’s United Conservative Party was voted into power.
Regular draws are conducted under the Alberta Express Entry stream, selecting candidates from the federal Express Entry pool and inviting them to apply to the AINP.
What are the requirements for Alberta Express Entry?
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest, candidates must:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points.
Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving a notification of interest:
- A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling.
Factors that decrease a candidate’s chances of receiving a notification of interest:
- The Express Entry profile expires within the next 3 months
- You work in an ineligible occupation
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.