Alberta Immigration Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Last Updated on April 21, 2019
The Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream is managed by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) in close collaboration with the Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, and targets applicants with farm management skills and sufficient financial resources to invest in a farming business in Alberta.
To qualify under the Self-Employed Farmer Stream, the applicant must have:
- Managerial experience with an existing farm enterprise;
- Education, training and work experience necessary to develop a sustainable farming business in Alberta;
- A business plan for the farming enterprise to be developed in Alberta;
- Evidence that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance the proposed farming enterprise;
- A minimum of $500,000 of equity to invest in the farming enterprise;
- A minimum net worth of $500,000 or confirmation of access to these funds.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.