The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is comprised of three streams: The Alberta Opportunity Stream, the Alberta Express Entry Stream and the Self-Employed Farmer Stream.
Alberta Opportunity and Alberta Express Entry replaced the Employer Driven Stream and the Strategic Recruitment Stream in June 2018.
What Is The Latest Alberta Immigration News?
- Alberta, B.C. and Manitoba the Bright Spots in August Canada Jobs Report
- Two New Streams Launched In Alberta Immigration Overhaul
- Immigration Fraudsters Target Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program Candidates
How Do I Qualify For The Alberta Opportunity Stream?
To qualify for the Alberta Opportunity Stream, you must:
- Be working in an eligible occupation in Alberta.
- Have valid temporary resident status in Canada that authorizes you to work.
- Have Canadian Language Benchmark 4 in English or or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens 4 in French in all disciplines for the majority of NOC codes. Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) require CLB 7.
- Have completed minimum high school in your country of origin.
- Have minimum of 12 months full-time work experience in your current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months, OR minimum of 24 months of full-time work experience in your current occupation in Canada and/or abroad within the last 30 months. PGWP candidates need of 6 months full-time work experience in Alberta within the last 18 months.
- Meet a minimum gross annual income level based on your family size.
Find out more about the Alberta Opportunity Stream.
How Do I Qualify For Alberta Express Entry?
- The Alberta Express Entry Stream allows the province to nominate a limited number of qualified applicants from the federal Express Entry System.
- Qualified candidates will be selected directly from the Express Entry pool by the AINP. Candidates must receive an invitation to apply before they submit an application.
- The stream is aimed at candidates with strong ties to Alberta who help boost the economy and increase diversity. International graduates will also be invited.
How Do I Qualify For The Self-Employed Farmer Stream?
To qualify under the Self-Employed Farmer Stream, the applicant must have:
- Prior managedserial experience with an existing farm enterprise;
- Education, training and work experience necessary to develop a sustainable farming business in Alberta;
- A business plan for the farming enterprise to be developed in Alberta;
- Evidence that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance the proposed farming enterprise;
- A minimum of $500,000 CAD of equity to invest in the farming enterprise;
A minimum net worth of $500,000 CAD or confirmation of access to these funds from other