Last Updated on July 27, 2020
The Quebec government introduced new requirements for the Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) on July 22, 2020.
Included in the new Quebec Experience Program requirements are a series of transitional measures allowing candidates already in Quebec to qualify for the program under the requirements that existed before July 22, 2020.
Watered-Down Quebec Experience Program Reforms Get More Criticism
Quebec Experience Program: MIFI Softens Reforms, Reduces Work Experience
Universities Raise Issues With Plan to Reform Quebec Experience Program (PEQ)
- Foreign students who have obtained a diploma eligible for the PEQ or will obtain it by December 31, 2020 may submit an application under the requirements that existed before July 22, 2020.
- Temporary foreign workers in Quebec on July 21, 2020, may submit an application under the requirements that existed before July 22, 2020.
- A certificate of successful completion of an advanced intermediate-level French course can be presented as proof of French language for those who have already passed the course, who were taking it or who were already registered to take it on July 21, 2020.
- The level 4 knowledge of oral French requirement for a spouse or common-law partner will come into force on July 22, 2021. Spouses who held a valid work permit on July 21, 2020 do not have to demonstrate their knowledge of oral French.
- All applications submitted before the changes will be processed under the requirements that existed before July 22, 2020.