Atlantic Immigration Pilot: Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program
The Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot is aimed at candidates for jobs requiring a high school education and/or job-specific training.
Candidates must have a job offer that is:
- From an AIP-designated employer in an Atlantic province.
- Full time (at least 30 hours per week) and non-seasonal.
- Skill type/level 0, A, B or C.
- Made using the correct federal government form.
A candidate’s job offer does not need to be in the same occupation as past work experience. However, a candidate does need to meet employment requirements for the job, as listed in the NOC.
You must have worked for at least one year (1,560 hours total or 30 hours per week) within the last three years. It can be full-time, non-continuous, or part-time, as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.
The work must be:
- In one occupation (but can be with different employers).
- Paid (volunteering or unpaid internships do not count).
- At NOC skill level C.
- The experience can be gained inside or outside Canada.
Candidates must have:
- A Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree,
- A foreign degree, diploma, certificate, or trade or apprenticeship education credential. Candidates need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to make sure it is valid and equal to a Canadian credential. The ECA must show your education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree. Your ECA must be less than five years old when you apply.
- Score at least a level 4 in the Canadian Language Benchmark exam in English or the Niveaux de Compétence Linguistique Canadiens in French.
- Take an approved language test and meet the level for speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Results must be less than two years old on the date of application.
Proof of Funds
Candidates need to show they have enough money to support themselves and their families after immigration. Amounts depend on the size of the family and includes family members a candidate supports that are not immigrating.
Proof is not required if a candidate is already living and working in Canada with a valid work permit.
|Number of Family Members
(including those you support that aren’t immigrating with you)
|7 or more||$8,381|
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.