This visa is designed for investors/business people who:
- have an overall successful record of business or investment activities
- have significant net assets
- are willing to invest funds in a designated investment in Australia for four years
- have a genuine commitment to maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
- hold an Investor (provisional) visa
- are sponsored by a state/territory authority
With this visa you can:
- travel in and out of Australia any number of times as long as the visa is valid
- study in Australia
- have your family accompany you to Australia. They will have access to work and study rights
- become a permanent resident of Australia.
- live in Australia as a permanent resident for five years (after 5 years, you will need to apply for a resident return visa).
To qualify for this visa you must satisfy the following requirements-
Provisional visa holder
You are the holder of a State/Territory Sponsored Investor (Provisional) visa as the main applicant and have been in Australia for at least 2 of the 4 years immediately before you apply.
You have been sponsored by an appropriate regional authority of a state or territory government.
Acceptable business record
You or your spouse (if any) have never been involved in unacceptable business or investment activities.
Commitment to business in Australia
You have a commitment to continue to maintain a business or investment activity in Australia.
At time of decision, the designated investment held in your name (or you and your spouse together) has been held continuously for at least 4 years.
You must meet certain health requirements and may need to undergo a health examination.
You must be of good character for you to enter Australia.
Australian Values Statement
If you are aged 18 years or over, you are required to sign an Australian values statement. The statement is included in your visa application form and all applicants aged 18 years and over will need to sign it to confirm that they will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws. Before signing this statement you are required to have read, or had explained to you, material made available by the government on life in Australia which is contained in the Life in Australia book.