Last Updated on August 23, 2021
British Columbia immigration has issued up to 12 invitations in a new Entrepreneur Immigration draw.
The August 17 British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program draw featured invites through both the province’s general Entrepreneur stream and its regional pilot.
General stream candidates received eight invitations, requiring a minimum score of 126 points.
Meanwhile, less than five invites went to regional pilot candidates, with a minimum score of 129 points. When less than five invitations are issued, the exact number is not published.
Full requirements for both streams are below.
What Was the Minimum Score For The Latest B.C. Entrepreneur Draw?
|Date||Category||Minimum Score||Invites Issued|
|17-Aug-21||Entrepreneur Immigration General Category||126||8|
|Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot||129||Less than 5|
What Are The Requirements For The B.C. Entrepreneur Category?
Business candidates in this British Columbia immigration category must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Personal net worth of minimum $600,000, legally obtained.
- Invest a minimum of $200,000 in an eligible new business or to purchase and improve an existing business in BC.
- Create at least one new full-time job in your business for a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 In English or French in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing, BY THE TIME OF NOMINATION.
- Suitable business and/or management experience.
- Have, or be eligible for, legal temporary immigration status in Canada.
- Have been lawfully admitted to the country where you currently reside.
British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot
The Entrepreneur Regional Pilot aims to attract motivated and experienced entrepreneurs to open a business in smaller communities of British Columbia and contribute to their specific labour needs.
It was initially opened in 2019 as a two-year pilot, but has since been extended until 2024.
Eligibility Requirements for Candidates
- Net worth of minimum $300,000.
- Minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments.
- Minimum of 51% ownership in the new business.
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 In English or French in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Conduct an exploratory visit in the target community
Eligibility Requirements for Communities
- A population of fewer than 75,000 people.
- Located beyond 30 km of a municipality of more than 75,000 people.
- Demonstrate capacity to support the entrepreneur through a network of established settlement and business support agencies.