Nature of Work:
Chemical plant machine operators monitor and operate units and machinery to blend, mix, process and package a wide range of specialty chemicals, pharmaceuticals, cleaning and toiletry products. They are primarily employed in chemical, cleaning compound, ink and adhesive industries, but may also be employed by chemical processing departments in other industries.
Chemical plant machine operators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Monitor meters, gauges and electronic instrumentation on one or more chemical or formulation units, such as mixers, kettles, blenders, dryers, tabletting, encapsulation, granulation and coating machines
- Measure, weigh and load chemical ingredients following formulation cards
- Start up, shut down, troubleshoot and clean equipment
- Adjust processing machines and equipment
- Monitor reaction processes and transfers of products in conformance with safety procedures
- Take samples and perform routine chemical and physical tests of products
- Record production data
- May operate equipment from a control room or from control consoles located near the production units.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.