October 13, 2018 – Alberta immigration has issued nearly 72 per cent of its 2018 nomination quota, according to new figures.
The province says 4,010 nomination certificates have been issued so far, out of a total federal government allocation of 5,600.
With 3,300 applications currently awaiting assessment, it means many of those deemed eligible will not receive nominations until 2019.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program says that alongside the quality of the application, processing times are also impacted by labour market needs, volume of applications received and date of application.
AINP officials overhauled the program for 2018, although the launch of the changes was delayed from January to June.
The Alberta Opportunity Stream and Alberta Express Entry Stream became active on June 14, 2018. They replaced the former Employer-Driven Stream and Strategic Recruitment Stream.
The new Alberta Express Entry Stream allows the province to nominate candidates from the federal Canada Express Entry System. Candidates must receive an Invitation to Apply before applying.
The stream is aimed at candidates with strong ties to Alberta who help boost the economy and increase diversity. International graduates will also be invited.
What Are The Requirements for The Alberta Opportunity Stream?
- Valid temporary resident status in Canada that authorizes you to work.
- Valid work permit based on:
- Positive Labour Market Impact Assessment OR
- LMIA exemption via the International Mobility Program OR
- LMIA exemption through a Post-Graduate Work Permit, plus be working in an eligible occupation in your field of study at an approved Alberta institution.
- Be working in an eligible occupation in Alberta. Most occupations under National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A, B, C and D are eligible under the AINP.
- Post-Graduate Work Permit Holders with an approved Alberta credential from an approved Alberta institution must be working in their field of study.
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark 4 for all disciplines in English or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens 4 for all disciplines in French for the majority of NOC codes. This will increase to 5 for both languages as of June 14, 2019. If you apply under NOC code 3413 (nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates), the minimum language score rises to 7.
- Minimum high school education in your country of origin. Effective January 1, 2021 candidates will need to have completed a minimum of high school equivalent to Alberta standards.
- Work experience requirements:
- Minimum of 12 months full-time work experience in your current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months; or
- Minimum of 24 months of full-time work experience in your current occupation in Canada and/or abroad within the last 30 months. This work experience can be a combination of experience gained in Alberta, in Canada (outside Alberta) and/or abroad, or
- As a Post-Graduation Work Permit holder, have a minimum of 6 months full-time work experience in your current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months and in an occupation related to your studies for an Alberta approved credential at an Alberta approved institution.
- Bona fide full-time job offer from an Alberta employer to work in your current occupation in Alberta and be working full-time for that employer in Alberta in that occupation.
- Meet a minimum gross annual income level based on your family size.
What Are The Requirements For The Self-Employed Farmer Stream?
To qualify under the Self-Employed Farmer Stream, the applicant must have:
- Prior managerial experience with an existing farm enterprise;
- Education, training and work experience necessary to develop a sustainable farming business in Alberta;
- A business plan for the farming enterprise to be developed in Alberta;
- Evidence that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance the proposed farming enterprise;
- A minimum of $500,000 of equity to invest in the farming enterprise;
- A minimum net worth of $500,000 or confirmation of access to these funds from other sources.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.