The Quebec experience program (Quebec Graduate Stream), enables qualified international students, on a valid study permit, to apply for permanent residence after successfully completing approved full-time studies in an eligible study program in the province of Quebec.
Applications in this stream are treated on a priority basis and generally conclude in less than 12-months.
International students who have the required finances and other qualifications, must first obtain admission to an eligible study program and must obtain a study permit to study in Canada.
Watch the Video:
Conditions to qualify for the Quebec PEQ program (Graduate of Quebec Stream):
Completion of one of the following eligible diplomas
- Bachelor Degree (University Undergraduate);
- Master’s Degree, Doctorate;
- DEC – diploma of college studies, technical training;
- DEP – diploma of vocational studies) attesting to 1800 hours of study or more;
- DEP followed by ASP – attestation of vocational specialization) attesting to a minimum of 1800 hours of continuing education and leading to a particular trade
You must have resided temporarily in Québec for at least half of the study program on a study permit and have respected the conditions of your stay.
Knowledge of advanced intermediate oral French
There are four options (only 1 required) in order to meet the French language requirement.
- If you pursue studies in one of the eligible diploma programs listed above, completely in French, this confirms your knowledge of the required French language level; Or
- Providing an attestation of results of a French test or diploma recognized by the authorities that demonstrates B2 (intermediate) French in oral comprehension and production; Or
- Providing a final transcript attesting to the successful completion of an advanced intermediate level French course taken in Québec, in a recognized educational institution included on the list of French courses eligible under the PEQ; Or
- Providing a regular licence to practise from a professional order in Québec or an attestation of fulfilment of the language requirements of a professional order in Québec or an attestation of successful completion of an examination administered by the Office québécois de la langue française for the purposes of obtaining a regular licence to practise.
NOTE: You must be at least 18 years old and hold a valid passport and, if you are submitting your application within Canada, be legally residing in Québec at the time of submission of your application.
When to submit an application?
You may submit your application 6 months before the date on which you expect to receive your attestation of successful completion or diploma but not later than 36 months following receipt of your diploma.
In order to pursue studies in Quebec, proof of unencumbered available funds is required to cover tuition and living expenses.
You can prove funding with:
- your bank statements for six months showing sufficient funds to support your studies and proof you paid tuition and housing fees;
- bank statements from a close relative showing sufficient funds to support your studies and a financial support confirmation letter from the close relative;
- proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.
Tuition is estimated at $15,000 a year. This amount varies between institutions and study programs.
In addition to tuition, you must have adequate living expenses, calculated as follows:
|Persons coming to Quebec||Amount of funds required per year (in addition to the tuition)|
|With a family member older than 18 (2)||+$5,100|
|With a family member under 18 (2)||+$3,800|
|Any additional family member older than 18||+$5,125|
|Any additional family member under 18||+$1,903|
How to calculate the amount of proof of funds?
Example: Tuition $15,000 + $11,000 (student) + $5,100 (spouse)
Total proof of funds needed: $31,100
You are not eligible for the Quebec Experience Program if:
- you hold a bursary with a clause stipulating a return to your country, unless you have already fulfilled this condition;
- you have started a new study program in Québec.
Embrace your future and let Immigration.ca become the choice for your study in Canada experience that will last a lifetime!
Begin your study in Canada, experience NOW!
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify for this program by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more Canada Immigration News by clicking here.
Watch this immigration.ca livestream focusing on international students and international graduates, and how they are a key part of Canada’s long-term immigration strategy.
Immigration lawyer Colin Singer reviews the federal and provincial programs that are offered including the most popular Quebec Experience Program.