Estudiar en Canadá FAQ

/ / Canada Study Portal

FAQ by International Students

Each university in Canada has its own policy regarding admission requirements. Contact each university directly for the admission requirements of the program you’re interested in.Find a program and click on the name of the university for its website and contact information.

Languages Canada provides a quality assessment of the language schools across Canada and offers lists of approved programs and members.

You can apply for your Study Permit/Visa in your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted.

Each university in Canada has its own policy regarding transfer credits from other institutions. Contact the university directly to find out which transfer credits, if any, can be applied towards your intended program of study. You may also want to research if your current institution has any agreements with institutions in Canada that would allow for credit recognition. The international relations office of your university may be able to help in that regard.

Visas and Study Permits are administered by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Please direct all questions regarding your application status to them. Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada has no involvement or influence in regards to Visas and Study Permits.

Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a Work Permit if you are a full-time student at an authorised institution and have a Study Permit. For more details visit immigration.ca website.

Education in Canada is under the jurisdiction of the provinces/territories, so you will need to contact the province or territory where you plan to live, as well as your new city or town’s school board. As a Canadian citizen, your child would not be required to apply as an international student, and therefore would not need a Visa or Study Permit.

Follow Immigration.ca:

Immigration.ca Logo
Free Immigration Evaluation
Click Here