Last Updated on febrero 7, 2020
The Quebec investor program offers high net worth applicants with CAD $2 Million permanent residence through a risk-free investment of CAD $1,2 Million.
The investment can be financed through a recognized intermediary under a ‘walk-away’ financing scheme. With approved “walk away” financing, the liquidated cost is approximately CAD $350,000 (USD $270,000), depending on interest rates.
QIIP is the only option in Canada for high net worth business immigrants to secure Canadian permanent residence on the basis of a passive investment.
QIIP will accept a maximum of 1900 new applications during the period from September 10, 2018 through August 31, 2019. This includes 1235 applications from China, Macau/Hong Kong and 665 applications from the rest of the world.
How to qualify?
- A legally acquired personal net worth of CAD $2 Million;
- Two years of suitable management or business experience within the five years preceding the application;
- Invest $1.2 Million in a passive government guaranteed investment for a period of five years, bearing no interest;
- An intention to settle in the province of Quebec.
What is the process?
- Gather documentation supporting your personal net worth and managerial experience. You must also prove the legal, historical accumulation of all your assets.
- The completed application is reviewed for compliance, by an approved licensed financial intermediary with quota allocations from Quebec immigration authorities.
- The application is then submitted to Quebec immigration authorities.
- A file number is issued by Quebec within 30-days after reception.
- A notice of interview or interview waiver takes place within 12 months after submission.
- A decision takes place within 30 days after interview.
- Approved applicants will be requested to make their investment within 110 days of a positive decision.
- After investment you will receive a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). This document allows you to apply for permanent residence at the federal level.
- Submit a full application to federal immigration authorities, who will conduct security and medical checks.
- Depending on the visa office, applications are finalized to visa issuance within a range of approximately 12 months (North America, Western Europe and South America) to 44 months (China).
- After approval, passports are requested and a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) is issued to the applicant and dependants.
- Applicants and dependants must travel to Canada before the expiry date on the COPR document. The COPR will have a validity date near 12-months, corresponding to the 1-year anniversary of the medical exam.
Complete our Free Assessment to determine whether you qualify for immigration to Canada as an Immigrant Investor.