Canadians aged 18 to 35 can live and work in one of 34 countries as part of the International Experience Canada Program.
Reciprocal agreements are in place with each of the 34 nations, meaning their young professionals can live and work in Canada.
There are three categories under the IEC program, depending on the status of the young professional.
- Working Holiday
Candidates receive open work permits that allow them to work anywhere in the host country.
- International Co-Op
Candidates receive employer-specific work permits for students to gain experience in their field of study.
- Young Professionals
Young Professionals participants receive an employer-specific work permit to gain targeted, professional work experience that is within their field of study or career path.
Countries Part of International Experience Canada Program
|Costa Rica||South Korea||Spain|
|France||New Zealand||United Kingdom|
Canada’s immigration department publishes a list of recognized organizations that provide services under the International Experience Canada Program.
The approved organisations provide services for a fee to both Canadians going abroad and foreign nationals coming to Canada.
Services might include help finding a job, somewhere to live, or with travel arrangements.
The organizations are either Canadian with offices overseas, of international with offices in Canada.
Approved Organizations Under International Experience Canada
Employer-specific work permit only
- International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE)
- Association for the International Exchange of Students in Economics and Commerce (AIESEC)
- Academic Internship Council (AIC)
- Mennonite Central Committee of Canada / International Volunteer Exchange Program (MCC/IVEP)
- Canadian Host Family Association (CHFA) with Communicating for Agriculture Education Programs (CAEP)
- International Rural Exchange (IRE)
- University of Alberta
- University of New Brunswick
Open work permit only
- SWAP Working Holidays
- Go International
- INTERNeX International Exchange
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.