Last Updated on febrero 6, 2020
2019-09-16 – Nova Scotia immigration has launched a new Express Entry-linked Labour Market Priorities for Physicians stream.
The new Nova Scotia Nominee Program stream allows the province to select candidates who are qualified doctors from the federal Express Entry pool.
The stream specifically targets two National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes:
- NOC 3112: Family Physicians
- NOC 3111: Specialist Physicians
Candidates must have an approved job offer from Nova Scotia Health Authority or the IWK Health Centre in order to receive a Letter of Interest from the NSNP.
The new stream compliments the existing Physicians stream, which is not linked to Express Entry.
Calling Doctors: Nova Scotia Immigration’s Physician Stream Wants You
Nova Scotia Targets French-Speaking Candidates In New Labour Market Priorities Draw
Nova Scotia Sees Sharp Increase In Immigration During 2019
Nova Scotia Launches Occupations In Demand Pilot Targeting Intermediate Skilled Positions
Requirements: Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities for Physicians
- Have an approved job offer from Nova Scotia Health Authority or the IWK Health Centre as either a Family Physician (NOC 3112) or a Specialist Physician (NOC 3111).
- Commit to live and work in Nova Scotia for a minimum period of two years.
- Receive a Letter of Interest from the NSNP through Express Entry.
- Submit your application within 30 calendar days of the issue date of the Letter of Interest.
- Meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry-linked program for which you have qualified.
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia.
- Have legal status in your current country of residence.