Last Updated on marzo 30, 2021
Nova Scotia immigration has targeted French-speaking candidates in a new draw through the province’s Express Entry-linked Labour Market Priorities stream.
The March 29 draw required candidates to have selected French as a first official language, and have a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 9 or higher in all language abilities. They also needed to score Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above in English in all abilities.
Details of further requirements are listed below.
Those receiving a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program have until April 28, 2021, to submit a complete application.
Requirements for March 29 Nova Scotia Immigration Draw
- First official language of French and Canadian Language Benchmark score of 9 or higher in French in all language abilities.
- Second official language of English and Canadian Language Benchmark score of 7 or higher in English in all language abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree OR have completed a program of three or more years at a university, college, trade or technical school, or another institute.
- Apply no later than 11.59pm, April 28, 2021.
What Are The General Requirements For Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities?
- Receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system.
- Meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified.
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses.
- Have legal status in your current country of residence.
- Meet eligibility criteria in place at the time you are issued a Letter of Interest.
Video: How PNP Immigrants Can Move Anywhere in Canada
The Labour Market Priorities stream was launched in August 2018 to give Nova Scotia the flexibility to target certain occupations and candidates through the Nova Scotia Nominee Program.
Draws have been conducted aimed at:
- French speakers.
- Registered nurses or registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012).
- Advertising, marketing and public relations (NOC 1123).
- Carpenters (NOC 7271).
- Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111).
- Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214).
- Social and community service workers (NOC 4212).
- Motor vehicle body repairers and automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers (NOCs 7322 or 7321).
- Programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174).
- Other Financial Officers (NOC 1114).