Last Updated on mayo 25, 2020
Nova Scotia immigration has conducted a new draw aimed at nurses through the province’s Express Entry-linked Labour Market Priorities stream.
The May 22 draw saw Letters of Interest sent to candidates with skills and experience in National Occupational Classification 3012 (NOC 3012) for registered nurses or registered psychiatric nurses.
Candidates were also required to have a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 8 or higher in English or French, plus the right level of education (details below).
Those receiving a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program have 60 calendar days to submit a complete application.
Video: How PNP Immigrants Can Move Anywhere in Canada
Requirements for May 22 Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities Draw
- Have a primary occupation of a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC 3012).
- Provide letters of reference from employers to demonstrate 3 or more years of experience in NOC 3012.
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 8 or higher in English or French in all language abilities.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree OR have completed a program of three or more years at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
What Are The General Requirements For Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities?
- Receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system.
- Meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified.
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses.
- Have legal status in your current country of residence.
- Meet eligibility criteria in place at the time you are issued a Letter of Interest.
The Labour Market Priorities stream was launched in August 2018 to give Nova Scotia the flexibility to target certain occupations and candidates through the Nova Scotia Nominee Program.
Draws have been conducted aimed at:
- Registered nurses or registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012).
- Advertising, marketing and public relations (NOC 1123).
- Carpenters (NOC 7271).
- Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111).
- Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214).
- Social and community service workers (NOC 4212)