Last Updated on agosto 21, 2020
Ontario immigration says it received its registration limit of 1,250 for the Employer Job Offer: International Student stream, when an application window opened on Wednesday.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) stream opened and closed in a matter of hours on the morning of August 19.
“Demand for the OINP is high, and Ontario continuously balances intake across its streams,” an OINP statement said.
“This includes strategically managing application intake to ensure that the program is meeting the needs of employers and filling specific labour market gaps across Ontario.”
Ontario Immigration Targeting 6 Specific Occupations In New Express Entry Tech Draw
Ontario Immigration Receives 1,300 Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream Applications
Ontario Opens Applications For Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
Due to the current situation concerning the coronavirus pandemic, Ontario required each application to be submitted with the most recent version of the Employer Form completed and dated August 19, 2020. This was to ensure all the information contained on the form is current.
The Ontario Employer Job Offer category is aimed at candidates who have a job offer from an Ontario employer.
For the International Student Stream, candidates are required to have graduated from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university.
Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B that meets low wage levels for Ontario, and in a position that is necessary to the business;
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid
- Graduated or met requirements of a full-time minimum two-year degree from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university; OR
- Graduated or met requirements of a full-time minimum one-year post-graduate diploma program from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university.
- Completed at least half the studies in Canada;
- Apply within two years from the date you completed the above course
- Legal status in Ontario
- Intention to settle in Ontario.