Last Updated on March 11, 2014
Federal Immigrant Investor Program and Entrepreneur Program Applications: Budget 2014
Operational Bulletin 566 – February 12, 2014
The presentation of the 2014 Budget took place on February 11, 2014. The Budget held a number of immigration-related announcements. This Operational Bulletin clarifies the immediate implications for processing federal applications under the:
- Immigrant Investor Program and,
- Entrepreneur Program
This Operational Bulletin does not apply to:
- Investor and entrepreneur applicants selected by,
- A specific province i.e. Quebec etc.
Proposals within Budget 2014 (Economic Action Plan 2014) aim at:
- Terminating applications and,
- Returning the associated fees paid by certain federal Immigrant Investor Program and Entrepreneur Program applicants
This would be applicable for people who applied on or before the Budget Day (i.e. February 11, 2014.
For these proposals to come into force:
- The Parliament needs to pass the government’s Budget Implementation Act and,
- The Act needs royal assent for implementation
Currently, officers need to process federal Immigrant Investor Program and Entrepreneur Program applications as per routine office procedures. Officers need to ensure that they process these applications according to:
- Current work plans that are,
- Based on previously assigned targets
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) would publish further instructions concerning the federal Immigrant Investor Program and Entrepreneur Program applications affected by the Budget announcement.
Further, CIC would provide standardised communication lines to respond to clients and stakeholders shortly. This includes standardised text advising clients of:
- The proposed changes in the Budget and,
- The effect of these changes on the client’s applications
Therefore, officers would need to await the arrival of these products, before they respond to client queries.
Officers must refer any enquiries from the media to CIC Media Relations.
Source: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)