Last Updated on avril 27, 2015
Nature of Work:
Agricultural and fish products inspectors inspect agricultural and fish products for conformity to prescribed production, storage and transportation standards. They are employed by government departments and agencies and by private sector food processing companies. Supervisors of agricultural and fish products inspectors are also included in this group.
The following is a summary of main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
- Fish and fish products inspectors inspect fish, fish products, fish handling and processing methods and prepare reports and ensure that regulations are followed.
- Fruit and vegetables inspectors inspect fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables at inspection centres and prepare reports on crop production and market conditions.
- Grain inspectors inspect and grade all classes of grain at terminal elevators, monitor the fumigation of infested grain, and examine storage, handling and transportation equipment to ensure that sanitary procedures are followed.
- Meat inspectors monitor the operations and sanitary conditions of slaughtering and meat processing plants and inspect carcasses to ensure they are fit for human consumption.
- Plant protection inspectors certify seed crops, oversee the quarantine, treatment or destruction of plants and plant products, and the fumigation of plants and plant product imports and exports.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.