Nature of Work:
Architectural technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical assistance to professional architects and civil design engineers in conducting research, preparing drawings, architectural models, specifications and contracts and in supervising construction projects. Architectural technologists and technicians are employed by architectural and construction firms, and governments.
Architectural technologists and technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assist in the development of architectural designs
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
- Prepare manual and CAD (computer-assisted design) drawings, specifications, cost estimates and listings of quantities of material from conceptual drawings and instructions
- Construct architectural and display models, and 3-D virtual models of architectural designs
- Prepare contract and bidding documents
- May supervise drafters, technicians and technologists on the architectural team
- May supervise construction projects and co-ordinate, monitor and inspect work done by others.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.