Last Updated on avril 27, 2015
Assessors, Valuators and Appraisers (1314)
Nature of Work:
Assessors, valuators and appraisers determine the value of land, businesses, estates and other real property, for purposes of sale, purchase, taxation or disposal of assets. Appraisers also determine the value of personal and household items. Assessors, valuators and appraisers are employed by government agencies, real estate firms and other private companies, or they may be self-employed.
Assessors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assess value of land, building, structures, machinery, equipment and property improvements for purposes of taxation, grants and regional planning and prior to sale or purchase
- Review and analyze data such as past sales, title searches, engineering and alignment maps, soil maps, subdivision plans, water and sewer plans, leasing cost data and easements
- Explain assessment process to ratepayers.
Valuators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Collect and analyze financial records of a business, such as financial statements, budgets, projections and sales data, to assess its competitiveness or to estimate its market value
- Prepare reports for estate planning, matrimonial litigation, insurance and business losses
- Appear as an expert witness before courts, security regulators and other regulatory boards and commissions.
Appraisers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Appraise value of property, building, industrial and commercial machinery and equipment and personal and household items
- Prepare appraisal reports for lending agencies, insurance companies, government departments, courts, attorneys, creditors, buyers or auctioneers.
Assessors may specialize in advising and consulting in a specific field of assessment such as residential, commercial, industrial, institutional or farm lands. Appraisers may specialize in a specific type of appraisal such as real estate appraisal.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.