Last Updated on septembre 7, 2016
Business owners rank the federal express entry system bottom of the list of options for bringing foreign workers to Canada.
Immigration minister John McCallum is aiming to change this by redesigning express entry to make it the number one choice for employers seeking foreign members of staff.
McCallum revealed details of his meeting with Ontario business owners at the Canadian Bar Association’s Immigration Law Conference, which took place in Vancouver in April.
The business owners gave a clear indication of how the three available programs were ranked:
- Temporary foreign workers Program (TFWP)
- Provincial nominees
- Express entry system
According to McCallum, the government is considering giving more points to students under the express entry system, which currently prioritizes immigrants who are skilled workers. The use of labour market impact assessments under express entry could also be scrapped.
The minister said changes to the way international students are assessed under the program will soon take place.
Here is a summary of areas Canada’s immigration authorities are planning to improve:
- Re-design the Temporary Foreign Workers Program to be more responsive to meet the needs of employers while protecting the Canadian labour market.
- Re-design Express Entry to be more fluid and more flexible than the current system.
- Eliminate the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) requirement for businesses that wish to hire candidates in the Express Entry Pool that are currently working inside Canada under the International Mobility Program or a currently existing LMIA.
- Revise the assessment process for international students working under the Post Graduates Work Program (PGWP), to qualify under the Express Entry system.
- Improve the Caregivers Program by:
- Reducing processing delays
- Regulate businesses that deploy caregivers.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Recent News Articles:
- 2016 Express Entry Draw #9: 1018 Invitations, Lowest CRS Score 468
- British Columbia small businesses need workers
- Canada adds nearly 41,000 new jobs in unemployment boost for March
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.