Last Updated on avril 27, 2015
Nature of Work:
Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) research, plan, design, develop, modify, evaluate and integrate computer and telecommunications hardware and related equipment, and information and communication system networks including mainframe systems, local and wide area networks, fibre-optic networks, wireless communication networks, intranets, the Internet and other data communications systems. They are employed by computer and telecommunication hardware manufacturers, by engineering, manufacturing and telecommunications firms, in information technology consulting firms, by governmental, educational and research institutions and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
Computer engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Study user requirements, design and develop systems specifications and its architecture,
- Integrate, research, design and construct computer hardware as well as telecommunications systems,
- Develop and undertake research confirmation simulations and prototype bench tests of various hardware components,
- Oversee, investigate and provide support, where needed, to the design team during the various processes in the implementation of the hardware,
- Initiate and retain customer and employer relations.
- Manage and organize, on occasion, design engineer and technician teams in the creation, optimization and merging of the hardware.
Network system and telecommunication engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Study, outline and create information and communication system networks and its architecture,
- Research, examine and merge hardware and software of network systems and data communication,
- Appraise, record and optimize the capability, size and performance of the inflows and outflows of information and the relevant communication system networks,
- Manage and organize, on occasion, design teams in the creation, optimization and merging of information and communication architecture, hardware and software.
There are various specializations in the professions including fibre optics, integrated circuits, lasers, etc.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.