Last Updated on avril 27, 2015
Nature of Work:
Construction estimators analyze costs of and prepare estimates on civil engineering, architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical construction projects. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and major electrical, mechanical and trade contractors, or they may be self-employed.
Construction estimators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Establish and maintain tendering process and set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Manage and co-ordinate construction projects and prepare construction progress schedules.
* Estimators may specialize in estimating costs for structural, electrical or mechanical construction projects.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.