Last Updated on avril 27, 2015
Electrical and Electronics Engineers (2133)
Nature of Work:
Electrical and electronics engineers design, plan, research, evaluate and test electrical and electronic equipment and systems. They are employed by electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, consulting firms, and by a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries and government.
Electrical and electronics engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical generation and distribution networks, electrical machinery and components and electronic communications, instrumentation and control systems, equipment, and components,
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for electrical and electronic systems and equipment,
- Design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment,
- Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products,
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment,
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment,
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures,
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance,
- Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers.
* Electrical and electronics engineers may specialize in a number of areas including electrical design for residential, commercial or industrial installations, electrical power generation and transmission, and instrumentation and control systems.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.