Last Updated on février 6, 2020
2019-11-27 – A recent change to the Ontario immigration Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream provides a new avenue to Canada for candidates with skills and experience in nursing-related occupations.
In July 2019, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) moved to add three National Occupational Classification codes to the stream, two of which were aimed at personal support workers.
The two NOC codes are:
- NOC 3413: Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 4412: Home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers
The additions are specifically designed to target “personal support workers”, as mentioned in Ontario’s accompanying statement.
The motivation for the additions was “to support changing labour market needs”, the province said.
As part of the same change, a third NOC code was added to the stream target trucks drivers (NOC 7511).
After a public consultation that ended on May 30, 2019, Ontario announced the changes on July 8, 2019.
Eligible Occupations For The In-Demand Skills Stream
|National Occupations Classification||Job Title|
|NOC 3413||Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates|
|NOC 4412||Home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers|
|NOC 7441||Residential and commercial installers and servicers|
|NOC 7511||Transport truck drivers|
|NOC 7521||Heavy equipment operators (except crane)|
|NOC 8431||General farm workers|
|NOC 8432||Nursery and greenhouse workers|
|NOC 8611||Harvesting labourers|
|NOC 7611||Construction trades helpers and labourers|
|NOC 9462||Industrial butchers, meat cutters, poultry preparers, related workers|
Requirements For The In-Demand Skills Stream
This stream targets candidates with specific skilled in-demand in Ontario. To qualify, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under certain occupations in the agriculture or construction sector and meets the median wage in Ontario for the occupation (see table below), and in a position that is necessary to the business.
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid.
- 9 months of cumulative work experience in the last three years in one of the eligible occupations. Experience must be paid and full time, or the equivalent amount in part time work in Ontario.
- Seasonal work does not count.
- Equivalent of Canadian high school education or higher.
- Valid certificate or license at the time of application for any claimed work experience that requires it.
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 4 in English or French in all language competencies.
- Sufficient funds and/or income in Ontario to cover settlement costs for you and your family members.
- Live abroad, or be working, studying or visiting Canada on a valid permit;
- Intention to settle in Ontario.