Last Updated on avril 27, 2015
Nature of Work:
Inspectors in this unit group evaluate and monitor health and safety hazards and develop strategies to control risks in the workplace. They inspect restaurants, public facilities, industrial establishments, municipal water systems and other workplaces to ensure compliance with government regulations regarding sanitation, pollution control, the handling and storage of hazardous substances and workplace safety. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
Inspectors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Inspect the sanitary conditions of restaurants, hotels, schools, hospitals and other public facilities or institutions
- Conduct surveys and monitoring programs of the natural environment to identify sources of pollution
- Collect samples of water for analysis; measure physical, biological and chemical workplace hazards; and conduct safety and environmental audits
- Investigate health and safety related complaints, spills of hazardous chemicals, outbreaks of diseases or poisonings and workplace accidents
- Inspect workplaces to ensure that equipment, materials and production processes do not present a safety or health hazard to employees or to the general public
- Develop, implement and evaluate health and safety programs and strategies
- Initiate enforcement procedures to fine or to close an establishment contravening municipal, provincial or federal regulations
- Provide consultation and deliver training programs to employers, employees and the general public on issues of public health, environmental protection or workplace safety.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.