Investment Immigration: Singapore Residence Investor Programme
Global Investor Programme
An entrepreneur who wants to start a business in Singapore or invest in the country can obtain Singapore Permanent Residency through their Global Investor Programme.
Under Singapore’s Global Investment Programme, the investor has to choose one of the following options:
- Invest a minimum of $2.5 million in a new business entity or in an existing business for expansion.
- Invest a minimum of $2.5 million in a Global Investor Programme fund that invests in companies based in Singapore.
Inclusion of Family Members:
Investors can include the following family members in their application:
- Unmarried children below the age of 21
- Male children who become permanent residents by virtue of being the applicant’s dependent are required to comply with National Service requirements
- Parents of applicants as well as unmarried children of the applicant aged 21 years or more are not eligible to be included in the application. However, they can apply for a five-year Long Term Visa Pass which is tied to the validity of the Re-Entry Permit issued to the main applicant.
Once permanent residence is approved and formalized, the applicant is issued a Re-Entry Permit that allows travel in and out of Singapore. This permit also allows the applicants to retain their permanent resident status even when not living in Singapore. A re-entry permit is issued for a period of five years.