Last Updated on avril 4, 2017
Investment Immigration: UK Investor Residence Programme
UK Investment Immigration: Tier 1 Visa
The United Kingdom’s Tier 1 (Investor) visa is designed to facilitate accelerated permanent settlement of those willing to make substantial investments in the UK. The Tier 1 visa is suitable for high net worth individuals who wish to seek permanent residency in the UK without having to meet the country’s usual strict requirements, especially in English language proficiency.
Benefits of Tier 1 Visa:
- Residence in the UK for a maximum duration of three years and four months
- Opportunity to apply for an extension of residency for two more years under this category or for three more years if switching from another category
- Opportunity to invest in UK government bonds, loan capital, or share capital in active and trading companies registered in the UK
- Chance to work or study in the UK
- Eligibility to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK after five years of residence
- Eligibility to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK after two years, provided the applicant invests a minimum of £10 million, or after three years if the applicant invests a minimum of £5 million.
It takes three weeks to process an application under Tier 1 visa category. If applied via post, the visa is processed within eight weeks.
The applicant can include the following family members in the visa application as dependents:
- Children below the age of 18
Applications based on joint funding, which relies on money held jointly or solely by the applicant and the applicant’s spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, or same-sex partner, require the following documents as evidence:
- Documentary proof of the marriage or civil partnership, or of existence of a two-year relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership
- Documentary permission to use personal or joint funds. The applicant should also be legally permitted to the use these funds without requiring prior consent of the partner.
- A legal adviser’s confirmation regarding validity of the declaration.