Last Updated on avril 27, 2015
Nature of Work:
Machining tool operators set up and operate or tend metal-cutting machines designed for repetitive machining work. They are employed by metal products and other manufacturing companies and in machine shops. This unit group also includes workers who etch or chemically mill metal pieces.
Machining tool operators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Study job orders and interpret blueprints to determine machining operations to be performed
- Set up and operate machine tools to perform repetitive machining operations, such as turning, milling, drilling, boring, planing, honing, broaching, grinding or other machining operations
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using micrometers, callipers and other precision measuring instruments
- Prepare etching solution and immerse metal parts or workpiece in etching solution to remove unwanted portions
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery
- May enter codes specifying speed, feed and cut of the toolpath for computer numerical controlled (CNC) machine tools.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.