Feb 22, 2018 – The Nova Scotia Study and Stay program specifically targets international students from China, India and the Philippines, providing them with support for the duration of their courses to help them develop a successful career in the province.
It does this through employment events, activities and workshops, plus career workshops and opportunities to learn in the workplace.
The program is expected to be rolled out to all four Atlantic provinces in 2018.
Key Benefits of Nova Scotia ‘Study and Stay’
- One-on-one employment and transition support from an EduNova Retention Coordinator, plus additional university/college and community support.
- Access to a province-wide cohort of peers and business networks.
- Two-day Employment Preparedness and Cohort Retreat for each year of your studies, attended by employers, plus Nova Scotia business and government leaders.
- Career assessments and self-value analysis.
- Personalized career and goal-setting plan.
- Training in professional job search, resume and interview techniques.
- Build a network of professional and employment connections.
- Access to a workplace placement scheme to build experience
Nova Scotia ‘Study and Stay’: Who is eligible?
- Students in China, India and the Philippines who are interested in pursuing university, college or post-graduate studies enrolled in any of the following levels of study at a Nova Scotian post-secondary institution: NSCC diploma program, university undergraduate, masters, or doctorate.
- International K-12 students currently studying at a Nova Scotia high school – from China, India and the Philippines.
- Applicants must be accepted into their chosen post-secondary institution in Nova Scotia to receive conditional acceptance into the program. Final acceptance will be given once the applicant receives the appropriate study permit by IRCC.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.