Last Updated on octobre 18, 2020
Candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System scores between 462 and 470, with skills and experience in six targeted technology occupations, were issued with NOIs in the October 15 Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw.
They need to have submitted Express Entry profiles between October 15, 2019 and October 15, 2020.
The draw targeted the following occupations:
0213 Computer and information systems managers
2147 Computer engineers
2172 Database analysts and data administrators
2173 Software engineers and designers
2174 Computer programmer and interactive media developers
2175 Web designers and developers
Ontario announced the Tech Draw initiative in 2019. See below for full details of how HCP Tech Draws work.
The draws are designed to address labour shortages in the technology sector in Canada’s largest province.
Candidates must meet existing HCP requirements (see below) as well as have work experience in one of the stated occupations.
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
LATEST OINP NEWS
- Ontario Immigration Receives 1,215 Registrations for Masters Graduate Stream
- Ontario Immigration to Introduce Expression of Interest System
- Ontario Targets 703 Candidates In New Human Capital Priorities Draw
As part of the focus on technology occupations, Ontario also has a Business Immigration Services team.
Dedicated staff are on hand to help employers looking to fill tech worker vacancies.
Employers can get up-to-date information about application processing times and nominations issued to date.
What Are The Requirements For the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold minimum of 1-year of full time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B, in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
Summary of Ontario NOIs 2020
|Stream||Notifications of interest|
|Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP)||4,833|
|French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW)||692|
|Skilled Trades Stream (ST)||948|