Last Updated on mai 14, 2020
Ontario immigration has conducted a new targeted Tech Draw through its Human Capital Priorities stream, issuing Notifications of Interest to 703 Express Entry candidates.
The May 13 draw featured a Comprehensive Ranking System score range of 421 to 451, with candidates required to have submitted Express Entry profiles between May 13, 2019 to May 13, 2020.
Tech Draws fall under the Human Capital Priorities stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, focusing on six specific technology occupations (listed below).
This was the fourth Tech Draw since Ontario announced the initiative in 2019. See below for full details of how HCP Tech Draws work.
Ontario Human Capital Priorities Tech Draw
|Date/time NOIs issued||Number of NOIs issued||Profiles created in IRCC’s Express Entry system||CRS score range|
|May 13, 2020 10.24am EST||703||May 13, 2019 to May 13, 2020||421-451|
Ontario announced it would be starting Tech Draws in July 2019, focused on six specific technology occupations:
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
The draws are designed to address labour shortages in the technology sector in Canada’s largest province.
Candidates must meet existing HCP requirements (see below) as well as have work experience in one of the stated occupations.
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
LATEST OINP NEWS
- Ontario Targets 10 Occupations With 1,072 Notifications of Interest
- Consultation Period Ends For Raft of Planned Ontario Immigration Changes
- Ontario Issues NOIs to 360 in Largest-Ever French Speaking Skilled Worker Draw
As part of the focus on technology occupations, Ontario also launched a new Business Immigration Services team.
Dedicated staff are on hand to help employers looking to fill tech worker vacancies.
Employers can also get up-to-date information about application processing times and nominations issued to date.
What Are The Requirements For the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold minimum of 1-year of full time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B, in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
Summary of Ontario NOIs 2020
|Stream||Notifications of interest|
|Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP)||2,143|
|French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW)||549|
|Skilled Trades Stream (ST)||190|