Last Updated on février 6, 2020
Aug 29, 2019 – Ontario immigration has announced it is accepting applications for the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream.
As of August 27, 2019, candidates can submit applications through the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) e-filing portal.
Important requirements for the stream include a full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B and two years of relevant work experience.
Full candidate and business requirements are included below.
The Ontario Employer Job Offer category replaced the previous Employer Pre-Screened category with the key difference being that the candidate, not the employer, leads the application process.
An OINP statement said the Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream remains paused to intake.
Ontario Targets Nearly 1,000 Express Entry Candidates With CRS Scores As Low As 439
Ontario Tech Draws: An In-Depth Look At Every Targeted Occupation
Ontario Immigration Conducts Major New Tech Draw, Issuing 1,773 NOIs
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B that meets the median wage levels for Ontario, and in a position that is necessary to the business.
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid.
- Two cumulative years of relevant work experience in the previous five years before the date of application.
- Relevant mandatory licensing in Ontario, if the position requires.
- Live abroad, or be working, studying or visiting Canada on a valid permit.
- Intention to settle in Ontario.
Under the stream, businesses must also meet several requirements:
- Been active for the past three years.
- Have premises in Ontario.
- Comply with all the employment, health and safety legislation.
- If located in Greater Toronto Area (GTA): minimum of $1,000,000 in gross annual revenue and five full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- If located outside GTA: minimum of $500,000 in gross annual revenue and three full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- For the Foreign Worker Stream only: Demonstrate recruitment efforts if the applicant is living outside Canada or is working in Canada but outside Ontario.
- If the applicant is currently working in Ontario, this requirement is waived.