Last Updated on juillet 16, 2021
The July 15 draw feature invitations for Regional Immigration Pilot candidates, and targeting 13 National Occupational Classification codes in health and agricultural occupations, plus manufacturing occupations outside the Greater Toronto Area.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is yet to release how many ITAs were issued, nor the minimum score.
The Expression of Interest system was opened for the In-Demand Skills stream on June 28, 2021.
Ontario Issues 1,685 Invitations In Four Different Expression of Interest Draws
Ontario Invites 21 Entrepreneur Candidates In First Draw of 2021
Ontario Speeds Up Process For Entrepreneur Stream Applications
Ontario’s Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream Now Accepting Expressions of Interest
Occupations Targeted In Ontario Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream Draw
Health and Agricultural Occupations
- NOC 3413 – nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 4412 – home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers
- NOC 8431 – general farm workers
- NOC 8432 – nursery and greenhouse workers
- NOC 8611 – harvesting labourers
- NOC 9462 – industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
Manufacturing (outside the GTA only)
- NOC 9411 – machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- NOC 9416 – metalworking and forging machine operators
- NOC 9417 – machining tool operators
- NOC 9418 – other metal products machine operators
- NOC 9421 – chemical plant machine operators
- NOC 9422 – plastics processing machine operators
- NOC 9437 – woodworking machine operators
- NOC 9446 – industrial sewing machine operators
- NOC 9461 – process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing
- NOC 9523 – electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- NOC 9526 – mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- NOC 9536 – industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- NOC 9537 – other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
This stream targets candidates with specific skilled in-demand in Ontario. To qualify, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under certain occupations in the agriculture or construction sector and meets the median wage in Ontario for the occupation (see table below), and in a position that is necessary to the business.
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid.
- 9 months of cumulative work experience in the last three years in one of the eligible occupations. Experience must be paid and full-time or the equivalent amount in part-time work in Ontario.
- Seasonal work does not count.
- Equivalent of Canadian high school education or higher.
- Valid certificate or license at the time of application for any claimed work experience that requires it.
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 4 in English or French in all language competencies.
- Live abroad, or be working, studying or visiting Canada on a valid permit;
- Intention to settle in Ontario.
Regional Immigration Pilot
Ontario’s Regional Immigration Pilot is designed to use the OINP to bring skilled labour not available locally to smaller Ontario communities.
- Quinte West/Belleville.
- Full-time and permanent job offer from an employer in one of the participating communities.
- Meet the criteria for one of the Employer Job Offer category streams (see below).
Number of Nominations
Approximately 150 Employer Job Offer nominations have been set aside for the pilot.
Under the Employer Job Offer streams, the business must also meet several requirements:
- An active business for the past three years;
- Business premises in Ontario;
- In compliance with all the employment, health and safety legislation;
- If located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA): minimum of $1,000,000 in gross annual revenue and five full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
- If located outside GTA: minimum of $500,000 in gross annual revenue and three full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- For the Foreign Worker Stream only: Demonstrate recruitment efforts if the applicant is living outside Canada or is working in Canada but outside Ontario
- If the applicant is currently working in Ontario, this requirement is waived