Last Updated on septembre 2, 2021
The August 26 draw required a minimum score of 517 in the Quebec Expression of Interest points system, 31 points lower than the previous week’s draw. A maximum of 1,320 points are available.
Quebec has now issued 1,602 invitations in the two weeks, having previously issued only 545 invitations in the whole of 2021.
The draw targeted candidates with a job offer outside the Montreal Metropolitan Area.
It also targeted those with skills and experience in one of 17 National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes:
|0213||IT systems managers|
|2133||Electrical and electronics engineers|
|2141||Industrial and manufacturing engineers|
|2147||Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)|
|2171||IT Analysts and Consultants|
|2172||Database analysts and data administrators|
|2173||Software engineers and designers|
|2174||Computer Programmers And Interactive Media Developers|
|2175||Web designers and developers|
|2241||Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians|
|2281||Computer network technicians|
|2282||User support agents|
|2283||Computer systems assessors|
|5131||Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations|
|5223||Graphic design technicians|
|5241||Graphic designers and illustrators|
|6221||Technical sales specialists – wholesale|
Candidates receiving an invitation have 60 days to submit a full application to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Quebec Expression Of Interest Draws 2021
|Date of invitations||Invites Issued||Minimum Score||Date of extraction from Arrima bank|
|26-Aug-21||585||517||August 23, 2021 at 6.30am|
|19-Aug-21||502||548||August 16, 2021 at 6.30am|
|12-Aug-21||515||591||August 9, 2021 at 6.30am|
|17-Jun-21||69||N/A||June 16, 2021 at 6.30am|
|27-May-21||90||N/A||May 26, 2021 at 6.30am|
|29-Apr-21||83||N/A||April 28, 2021 at 6.30am|
|30-Mar-21||208||N/A||March 29, 2021 at 6.30am|
|26-Jan-21||95||N/A||January 25, 2021 at 6.30am|
Quebec and Ottawa Agreement To See Arrival of More Temporary Workers
Quebec Businesses Hoping Ottawa Raises Limit on Temporary Workers
Spouses Must Now Show French-Language Proficiency for Quebec Experience Program (PEQ)
How Does Quebec Expression of Interest Work?
- Candidates submit an online expression of interest profile via Arrima.
- Profiles enter into an Expression of Interest pool, where they are ranked against each other using a points system and are valid for 12-months.
- The highest-ranking candidates are invited to apply for a Quebec Certificate of Selection under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program via periodic draws.
- Candidates receiving an invitation have 60 days to submit a full application.
- Approved candidates who receive a nomination certificate (CSQ) may then apply to the federal government for Canadian permanent residence.
Quebec Expression of Interest Points System
The Quebec Expression of Interest points system is used to rank profiles submitted via Arrima to the Expression of Interest bank, with the highest-ranked profiles invited to apply for Quebec immigration under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Candidates and their spouse or common-law partner can score up to 1,320 points based on human capital and Quebec labour market factors.
What Are the Requirements for Quebec Expression of Interest?
The Quebec Expression of Interest points system involves points in two categories, with some including points for the spouse of the common-law partner of the principal candidate.
- Human capital factors:
- French language ability.
- French and English combined.
- Work experience.
- Quebec labour market factors:
- Work experience in a field with a labour shortage.
- Qualifications in one of Quebec’s areas of training.
- Level of Quebec education.
- Professional experience in Quebec.
- Professional experience in the rest of Canada.
- Job offer inside or outside Greater Montreal.