Last Updated on avril 1, 2021
Quebec’s new pilot immigration program for orderlies is now accepting applications.
The program allows foreign workers holding jobs as orderlies (NOC 3431) in Quebec to qualify for permanent residence.
The five-year pilot will see Quebec select 550 principal applicants per year who are in Quebec and have been working as an orderly for a minimum of 12 months.
The current application period is open from March 31 to October 31, 2021.
“With the launch of this new pilot program, we are giving ourselves additional tools to enable these temporary foreign workers to meet an essential need and fully contribute to the quality of care offered in all regions of Quebec,” said Quebec Immigration Minister Nadine Girault.
The launch of the program for orderlies comes a week after the launch of a similar program for food processing workers. A further pilot for AI, IT and Visual Effects Workers will open on April 22, 2021.
Quebec Food Production Workers Pilot Program Now Open For Applications
Quebec Offers More Details of 3 New Immigration Pilot Programs
Quebec Employers Allowed to Change Work Permit Candidate on Positive LMIA
Orderlies Pilot Program
The Orderlies Pilot Program targets NOC 3413 for nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates.
It features two streams:
General Conditions For Both Streams
- Be aged 18 or older.
- Have respected the conditions of their stay in Quebec.
- Have a job as an orderly in Québec at the time of application.
- Have knowledge of oral French equivalent to Level 7.
- Intend to settle in Quebec.
- Be financially self-sufficient.
Work Stream Requirements
Candidates for the Work stream must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a diploma related to the occupation of orderly after full-time studies of at least one year that corresponds to a Quebec diploma of vocational studies.
- Have acquired the following work experience:
- At least two years in the last three years as an orderly in Quebec, OR
- At least one year in a health occupation related to basic personal care outside of Quebec and at least one year as an orderly in Quebec in the last three years.
Work Stream: Occupations Targeted
Candidates must be employed as an orderly, under NOC 3413 (nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates).
Candidates employed outside of Quebec must have experience corresponding to one of the following occupations:
- NOC 3011: Nursing coordinator and supervisor
- NOC 3012: Registered nurse and registered psychiatric nurse
- NOC 3124: Allied primary health practitioner
- NOC 3233: Licensed practical nurse
- NOC 4412: Home support worker, housekeeper and related occupations, only when the applicant primarily performs one or several of the following duties in an institutional setting: providing personal care, dispensing bedside care and personal care and administering routine medical care.
Work-Study Stream: Requirements
Candidates in the Work-Study stream must meet the following requirements
- Have obtained a Quebec diploma of vocational studies leading to the occupation of orderly in the last two years.
- Have at least one year of work experience as an orderly in Quebec in the last two years, obtained after the completion of studies.
Work-Study Stream: Eligible Diploma
Candidates must have completed the study program Institutional and Home Care Assistance (870 hours of continuous training) and obtained a secondary diploma of vocational studies.
Work-Study Stream: Eligible Work Experience
Work experience must have been:
- Acquired legally.
- Full time (30 hours or more per week), or equivalent.
Obtaining or Renewing Work Permit
After having completing studies, candidates must be hired by a Quebec employer and obtain a work permit.