Last Updated on April 4, 2017
Investment Immigration: Hungary Business Immigration Programme
Residence Investment Programme
Hungary is a developed country in Central Europe, and is a member of the European Union Schengen Area. The country has a vibrant economy and high quality of life, even though the cost of living is significantly lower than other European countries.
Individuals can seek permanent EU residency through an investment programme offered by the country. This programme is hugely popular with foreign investors who desire to settle in Europe. The main benefit of this programme is that an applicant can invest €250,000 into government bonds and immediately get permanent residency of Hungary.
Benefits of Hungary Business Immigration Programme
- The investment requirement is low, and there is zero risk
- The process of application is easy and fast
- A Hungarian residence permit allows the individual to stay in the territory of Hungary during its validity period
- The residence permit also allows the individual to stay in other Schengen countries for a period of 90 days in every six months
- There are no rigid requirements for language, minimum education, business background, sources of fund, etc.
- Applicant’s entire family can get permanent residency on his/her basis
- There is no requirement for minimum residence before applying for permanent residency
- Resident permit holder has access to free education
The validity of a Hungarian residence permit which is issued in the national economic interest is five years. It can be extended for another five years depending on each case.
The applying candidate must have a valid travel document and it should have a validity of at least three more months than the period of residence that is applied for.
Submission of Form:
One needs to submit the application for residence permit at the consular office in Hungary or at an authorized office functioning from the applicant’s country of permanent or regular residence. Since biometric data needs to be recorded by the authorities, the applicant should submit the application for residence permit personally.
Application for extension of the residence permit must be filed at the Regional Directorate.
Inclusion of Family Members:
A residence permit that is being sought on grounds of national economic interest entitles the applicant to include the following family members in the application:
- Minor children
No additional investment is required for the above family members, however, the applicant needs to submit the following documents:
- Two photographs
- Valid travel documents of the family members
- Proof of relations
- Proof of applicant’s ability to provide for the dependents – their living allowance, health care and housing